Skip to main content

Self Responsibility


In the light of a tragedy that really hit home to me due to me being a mother I feel the urge to express my new found clarity.  It is clear from the response of many people around me that fear exudes anger as does an angry spirit around you.  I’m not sure that I understand how such a tragedy which has left an entire town in pain can cause society to be so hateful in response.  I see that no matter the motive nothing with justify the harming of little innocent children and no gun law or armed teachers will correct this.  This dangerous person was clearly controlled in anger and we are allowing his anger to be exuded among us.

I feel that this is the time for society to support one another and pray for a devastated community rather than arguing about gun laws or the reason for the killings or who is to blame (the mother, the father, or lack of mental health assistance).  The respect has been lost in society and even I am re-evaluating myself to take responsibility for my misdelivered opinions.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion yet it isn’t okay to scrutinize one another.  This is not the moment to argue creating more animosity among society and increasing the angry spirit that has caused such a tragedy.

As a mother I am now taking responsibility to cherish every minute with my children no matter the struggles I may have, the screaming they may produce, the sleepless nights I may have, the visits to the doctor, the arguments among them or my much needed time of praying for understanding.  This is a time that I educate myself as well as my children of disaster evacuation and what to do to protect themselves as well as one another. 

I continue to pray for our society and for the peace of God to reign not only in my life and that of my family but throughout our society in a strong way.  I pray we become more of a communicative society with much compassion and love.  God‘s love stands even in the midst of tragedy.

Rest In Peace

Charlotte Bacon                 Daniel Barden                     Rachel Davino                     Olivia Engel

Josephine Gay                     Ana Marquez-Greene       Dylan Hockley                      Dawn Hochsprung

Madeline Hsu                      Catherine Hubbard            Chase Kowalski                   Jesse Lewis

James Mattiol                     Grace McDonnell               Anne Marie Murphy          Emilie Parker

Jack Pinto                             Noah Pozner                        Caroline Previdi                   Jessica Rekos

Avielle Richman                  Lauren Rousseau                Mary Sherlach                     Victoria Soto

Benjamin Wheeler             Allison Wyatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing in Wisdom.....

You know I've learned in my 30 years some valuable things that I hope I'm able to remember for a lifetime and past along to my children.  Out of all these things learned there are two things that I hold on to and even have the joys of reminding the elders in my life {although the had the pleasure of teaching me}.  "Time heals all wounds"......what a big fat lie.  This is the famous statement dished to mourners, divorcees and scorn lovers.  Folks stop making this statement that should have died with mythological creatures.....it's not true!  Its not the time that does the healing but the information that you are able to learn within that time frame.  Now.....to all the mourners, divorcees and scorn lovers please remember that you must make great use to the time that God has given you beyond such tragic events in your life and learn to live beyond it, "Make a change, to receive a change" is my statement of reality.  "Love is not suppose to be this m...

God is still there with you....PRAISE him!

Good Afternoon.  I pray that life has been manageable for all of you, I've been feeling like a new puppy treading water (barely staying afloat).  lol  Last night I decided that I could not be consumed by every little imperfect detail of life or every plan that isn't happening the way I want it to.  In these moments it is easy to shift your focus from the things of God to the things of man.  In many instances at this stage of my life it tends to be my family, health or career but regardless if stand more firmly on God's word and study the word deeper in the tough times rather than studying the situation the end result will be a smoother transition. God didn't leave us to figure out life alone but he however never promised we won't have it hard from time to time.  He did promise that he will never leave us nor forsake us!  This scripture stands firm in my heart this moment and I will lean on his love as he guides me. So today I tell you to be encoura...

Leaning into 2013....

As we have now entered into a new year I see the growth and change that has pushed me into this year.   2012 provided me with several learning experiences and many changes that I will take into 2013.   In 2012 my family said hello to a sister getting married {new brother in-law} as well as a mommy getting engaged…..we now look forward to the soon arrival of a new nephew bringing in 2013 with a BIG BANG!!   I see the maturity in my marriage in a year’s time.   My children have also all began new chapters as we enter into another year and it is great to see…..   2012…….   Raven has gone from an uncomfortable middle school freshman questioning her place to a straight ‘A’ 7 th grader taking a place in society.   An artistic mind with a fashion sense to kill….all while making her parents extremely proud.   We do encounter typical preteen and parenting conflicts but I have loved every day of being her mom and she makes me immensely prou...