Skip to main content

We have a teenager!!


Well in developing a business plan I made a huge decision to focus my business on wedding planning more than all other events.  I do however have a chance from time to time to plan birthday parties and I love it.  I’m sure to place extra focus on birthdays when the opportunity arise using the skills I’ve been taught and doing additional research to make things special for the guest of honor.  With that being said…..this time I had the opportunity to celebrate a huge milestone birthday in my personal family.  My oldest daughter turned 13 years of age……yes a teenager we now have!!  I think back to the moment I gave birth to her at the tender age of 18 years old not even imagining her 13th birthday only wondering how I’m going to adjust to the quick change being a teenage single mother would bring.  I like many others decided to dive in head first soaking myself with all things baby, motherhood, parenting, safety and kid health.  I can honestly say I have enjoyed all 13 years of this child’s life and as she thought she was only celebrating finally becoming a teenager…..I too was celebrating to have had the opportunity to be her mother and watching her become RAVEN right before my eyes.  Yes, the challenges do arise having a child at such a young age and now being a young parent of a teenager buttttt I wouldn’t trade a minute of experience or life lessons that the Lord has used this child to teach me.    


Of course I have to first thank everyone that added such special touches to the party experience.  My faithful to the cause hubby who no matter what strange detail I want to add to the kids’ parties he agrees and just load the van with supplies and cook what is needed…no matter how bizarre and who is not biologically her father but has been her daddy before she could say ‘daddy’; my wonderful mother who helped keep me sane and came in with last minute small details as GeGe does so eloquently while also agreeing to baby sit Triple Threat and has been the best GeGe my children could have ever had; my ever so supportive sister who has been there since she was a teen herself willing to love her niece like no other; our Nana who has been a great nana no matter the situation and been there to support and love my baby girl; my Granny who now sews only for special occasions found this to be one of those occasions providing baby girl a custom party dress.  While not only provided full time care for me to continue my education and work but also provides me moments of rest; my daddy who is the best Poppy ever to my kids and rolled and pat 40+ sliders for the party; my Auntie Resa who I like to call my quiet supporter.  She tends to be in the background doing whatever needs to be done for us all to be successful from cooking, counseling and praying…this time came through with a gorgeous fruit tray arrangement; my heart, my cousin Buddy who has no kids of his own but has loved baby girl since he knew of her existence like his own.  He totally added a special touch with a juice bar serving it up to the teens; my in the nick of time cousin Mike for coming through adding icing to the party cake with a luxury ride for the birthday girl and the VIP friends; my cousin Michael for coming through having the birthday girl feet looking right and ready to dance; New Millenium Entertainment - McQueen for keeping the party as the kids say ‘turned up’ and the music on point and Bel Ricordo Photography - Kenni for keeping the flash going….the teens loved the photo booth.  I thank you all and owe you big time because this is special to my heart because this 13 year old has sat on that heart for 13+ years and each of you made her smile.
*Photos below are personal photos....professional photos will be uploaded for advertisement purposes when received*
Perfect display of my Diva growth made by my one and only sister
Cake and candy table
Open Bar ready by the cousin


Up close of the cake
Sliders anyone


Food ready


Red Carpet Event

The birthday girl and friends arrive

My baby is '13'

They danced all night

Birthday Photos taken by Christina with Everlasting Essence Photography





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing in Wisdom.....

You know I've learned in my 30 years some valuable things that I hope I'm able to remember for a lifetime and past along to my children.  Out of all these things learned there are two things that I hold on to and even have the joys of reminding the elders in my life {although the had the pleasure of teaching me}.  "Time heals all wounds"......what a big fat lie.  This is the famous statement dished to mourners, divorcees and scorn lovers.  Folks stop making this statement that should have died with mythological creatures.....it's not true!  Its not the time that does the healing but the information that you are able to learn within that time frame.  Now.....to all the mourners, divorcees and scorn lovers please remember that you must make great use to the time that God has given you beyond such tragic events in your life and learn to live beyond it, "Make a change, to receive a change" is my statement of reality.  "Love is not suppose to be this m...

God is still there with you....PRAISE him!

Good Afternoon.  I pray that life has been manageable for all of you, I've been feeling like a new puppy treading water (barely staying afloat).  lol  Last night I decided that I could not be consumed by every little imperfect detail of life or every plan that isn't happening the way I want it to.  In these moments it is easy to shift your focus from the things of God to the things of man.  In many instances at this stage of my life it tends to be my family, health or career but regardless if stand more firmly on God's word and study the word deeper in the tough times rather than studying the situation the end result will be a smoother transition. God didn't leave us to figure out life alone but he however never promised we won't have it hard from time to time.  He did promise that he will never leave us nor forsake us!  This scripture stands firm in my heart this moment and I will lean on his love as he guides me. So today I tell you to be encoura...

Leaning into 2013....

As we have now entered into a new year I see the growth and change that has pushed me into this year.   2012 provided me with several learning experiences and many changes that I will take into 2013.   In 2012 my family said hello to a sister getting married {new brother in-law} as well as a mommy getting engaged…..we now look forward to the soon arrival of a new nephew bringing in 2013 with a BIG BANG!!   I see the maturity in my marriage in a year’s time.   My children have also all began new chapters as we enter into another year and it is great to see…..   2012…….   Raven has gone from an uncomfortable middle school freshman questioning her place to a straight ‘A’ 7 th grader taking a place in society.   An artistic mind with a fashion sense to kill….all while making her parents extremely proud.   We do encounter typical preteen and parenting conflicts but I have loved every day of being her mom and she makes me immensely prou...